Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Day 44 (a Tuesday, after Monday #7)

 175.4.

Well, that's SOMETHING.

This morning I had a big bowl of bran flakes with strawberries and milk.  SO yummy.  SO totally worth every delicious mouthful. 'Cause WTH.  Food should be enjoyed, right?

Then, I had a dark chocolate, almond & coconut bar on the way to work.  Followed by a Kombucha drink I've been nursing all day.  Lunch was a 180 calorie microwavable dinner followed by a Picky bar.

Dinner tonight is tofu, coleslaw veggies and either rice or soba noodles with teriyaki sauce.

========

I want to bring something to church tomorrow because it's Liturgy which means hungry people.  I saw this recipe in my FaceBook feed: 

Butternut Squash Pasta Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Pecans & Cranberries



So, I have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go and plan to make it tonight so it's ready for tomorrow... WHILE I'm in a Zoom call.  AFTER tai-chi. 

Tomorrow morning I need to drop Khione off for chemo and then either wait and then take her with me to riding, or else drive to riding, then return to pick her up.  THEN, I might have a window in which to bathe Kepler.  GOD help me!  And then I have a 2 PM Zoom call.  And then it'll be time to leave for church.  Liturgy is in celebration of the Feast of the Elevation of the Cross.

That brings us to Thursday.  Are you keeping up?

Actually.  Now that I think about it, I might be able to just wait and wash Kepler on Thursday morning.  I thought I needed to get on the road to go see D at college, but now he is informing me that he along with OTHER PEOPLE are not available until 5 PM.  Now, this is dreadfully inconvenient, but because this suggests that he is meeting people, talking to people, attempting to connect with people, then GOL-DARNIT-ALL, I will present Kepler for socializing at 5 PM.

I just need to wait and see when Kepler's breeder wants to try and connect.  We had originally planned for 2 PM, but that leaves me with a good long time to sit around if D doesn't want to see us until 5 PM.  I may get some good relaxing in.  Certainly it will make for some good one-on-one training time with Kepler.

But then I'm stuck in traffic trying to get home from the college.  And AFTER that, we're supposed to drive to Lincoln, NH.  Hmmm.  Whatever.  All that matters is that possibly D is settling in and making friends.  AND HOW TOTALLY AWESOME IS THAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment